Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My name is Nita. I live in Pendleton Oregon. I was born here, but not raised here. We have the Pendleton Woolen Mills and the Pendleton Round Up. The Round Up will be 100 years old this summer and the town has been gearing up for it for at least a couple of years. It's often hard getting around town because of the torn up streets. Already things are looking good, but we will all be so happy when it's done.

The good ole boys that run our town are set on turning us into a tourist town. They don't care what they do to our town as long as they make money. It's all about making money for them. They don't care about the rest of us. We used to have a nice little town and now we are having more and more traffic and housing problems. I used to love my little town and now my husband and I are thinking about moving. We were both born here and our folks were born here so it's a hard decision. But you can't fight the good ole boys, they have always had their way and they will continue to have it. So we are saying good bye to our beautiful little town. It was good while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I have been married for 38 years. I have 3 grown sons, and 4 grandkids. Two granddaughters and 2 grandsons. The oldest is almost 6 and the youngest is 1 year old. I watch my 2 grandsons 3 days a week. On the days I'm not watching them I try to get my house back in order from the days I am watching them, so this leaves me little time to do the things I like to do like reading and crocheting etc. But for now they are more important.