Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crochet

I learned to crochet when I was 6, so I've been crocheting almost 54 years. I will be posting some more complicated patterns I've made in the future, but I had the pictures of the amigurumis on my computer already. My grandmother and mother and one aunt crocheted. I remember them sitting in my grandmother's living room working on a rose bedspread together. I still have it. It's made from approx. size 10 thread, with red (now more pink) roses. This bedspread is made up of many blocks. Of course they all have to be the same size. With 3 people working on them that was a problem. My mother and grandmother's blocks were turning out the same size, but my Aunt's were a little bit smaller because she was crocheting tighter. There was some talk about her being in the wrong since the other two were matching their blocks. My Aunt became just a little angry and then they were all upset for a while, with my grandmother coming up with "You're just crocheting tight because you are tight, you're so tight you don't want to use too much thread!" Of course that did not help matters. They continued working on it together for a while and then it was put away until my mother finished it sometime later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I have been married for 38 years. I have 3 grown sons, and 4 grandkids. Two granddaughters and 2 grandsons. The oldest is almost 6 and the youngest is 1 year old. I watch my 2 grandsons 3 days a week. On the days I'm not watching them I try to get my house back in order from the days I am watching them, so this leaves me little time to do the things I like to do like reading and crocheting etc. But for now they are more important.